Themes and Topics
Some of the themes and topics to be addressed are shown below:
- Will noise become a new hurdle which could impair the development of drones?
- Noise emission from fixed-wing and rotorcraft drones/UASs /UAVs in different operating conditions .
- Characterization of noise emission of UASs and UAVs : sound power, hovering or by-pass noise, other measurements. Certification processes, databases.
- Noise control at source and low noise design for new machines,
- Experimental and modelling approaches, auralization.
- Noise impact on people and the environment : annoyance penalty of drones in comparison with other surface and air transport means. Concerns from state or local authorities / community acceptance, wildlife, air trafic. Psychoacoustic metrics for characterisation of drones.
- New European policy and legislation on safety, security, privacy and related noise requirements. Other noise regulations worldwide.
- Airspace integration of drone operations and noise impact on urban or rural soundscapes: mitigation by control of zones and routes, and around vertiports, simulation for drone operations.
- Specific noise concerns with packages and goods deliveries by drones
- Privacy and security concerns related to ultra silent machines.
- Urban Air Mobility through autonomous air-taxis : state of development of vehicles, foreseen operations and constraints due to noise.