Quiet Drones 2020
October 19-21, 2020
An e-Symposium on Noise of UAV and UAS
Well, quiet Drones 2020 has now finished and we think we can safely say it was a huge success. Some say there is nothing like a physical symposium but QD was just as successful even though the format was different.
What people said about Quiet Drones
Marion Burgess, Past President of International INCE, said of it “I would say that it is the first e-symposium or e-conference where I consider that I have actually ‘met’, and so may communicate with in the future, some that I did not know of before”.
Other comments were that
- “the web site was very clear and I used it a lot”
- “extremely interesting symposium. It was a complete success”
- “There were many great conversations over the days”.
You can still download the Technical Programme if you want to see it and you can buy the proceedings by clicking "Buy symposium proceedings" in the menu on the right.
We had over 50 presentations with presenters from all types of organisations involved in the development of drones and countries from all over the world. And we had conversations, discussions and drone related entertainment during the live morning and afternoon breaks - and social and cultural visits to Paris
We had speakers from:
- The national aerospace centres of The Netherlands, Germany and France, NASA and the Moscow Aviation Institute.
- Government Agencies from France and USA
- The European Commission
- Uber and DPD/La Poste
- Universities in in Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, South Korea, The Netherlands, Switzerland, UK, USA and New Zealand
- Acoustic Consultancies
Sign up here to go on our email list to receive updates on furure meetings.
For copyright details please see here.
You can also start a discussion in the INCE-E Quiet Drones group on LinkedIn.
This symposium was supported by the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering and endorsed by the International Commission for Acoustics and as such it was one of the events in International Year of Sound. In France it wa supported by Ministère de la Transition Ecologique et Solidaire the Direction Générale de l'Aviation Civile and the Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment and ONERA, the French Aerospace Lab.