New Remote Format for Quiet Drones
In order to forestall possible restrictions on travel and size of meetings that might be in place in October we have decided on an alternative remote format for the symposium.
We are working out the details of how this is best structured but one of the key factors we will bear in mind is that remote delegates are unlikely to sit in front of their computers for three full days of ten hours each. So live presentations and discussions will be about 4 hours per day in two sessions. The rest of the day other material will be available on demand. We envisage that:
Full papers will be published as originally planned in the Proceedings and made available to registered delegates before the Symposium.
- We will have an e-event in which sessions will be in the format of remote presentations and discussions.
- Presentations will be shorter and be prerecorded under a defined format.
- Questions may be addressed before or during the sessions.
- The discussion periods will be the backbone of the Symposium where remote authors and other delegates have as much chance to contribute as possible.
- We will set up a chat room where delegates can meet.
- We will have facilities for exhibitors to make presentations.
- We will organize an on-line Cultural Programme with “visits to Paris”
Note that we have temporarily closed registration as the fees will be changed. We will post new details as soon as possible and make arrangements with those who have already registered.
We will update this page from time to time as plans develop so please come back occasionally.
If you have any thoughts or comments on any of this please contact us via the contacts page.
Updated 12th May 2020